Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Where is the Love from Capitol Records for Sound Team?

Much was made of Sound Team's major label debut (on Capitol Records) but I have not seen any press - outside of a few blog plugs - for this album whatsoever. What benefit is to this band if the label isn't going to help them sell any records? I haven't even seen one "official" review of the album either. I checked out the Capitol Web site and there isn't even a hint of the new release on it nor does the band even show up in the browse artists section. You have to do a search on the Capitol site just to find their page. I realize that they don't stand up to the Radioheads, Coldplays and Chili Peppers of the world but hell, even Morningwood is promoted on their home page. This is just annoying to me because it's a very good album and they deserve some exposure and it makes me wonder why majors even bother picking up indie bands like this.

Buy the album at Amazon.
Support them on their live dates as shown here.

No comments: