Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Jury is Still Out: Some MP3s

Seems to be a pretty slow day today and the US World Cup team has really been robbed by officiating once again, although I guess they're really not that good anyway. In the meantime, I thought I'd throw up some random MP3s from bands that I haven't quite decided whether I'm into.

Black Angels: Another Austin band, these guys are re-living the 70's and even singing about them. This is a great tune and I think this is an album that I can really get into.
MP3: ">Black Angels - "The First Vietnam War"

Figurines: This Danish band has seemingly reached mainstream with some press from the likes of Rolling Stone and Spin. Interestingly enough, this song is followed by Franz Ferdinand's "The Fallen" on my work iTunes and I can't help but hear some similarities.
MP3: Figurines - "The Wonder"

Black Fiction: This, I believe, would fall under the trip-hop folk category along the likes of Tunng. Soothing beats, good tune.
MP3: Black Fiction - "Magic Hands"

Midlake: A very highly regarded band in the blogger circle but it's a little too mellow for me. Regardless, when you're in for some downtime, this is a good song to start with.
MP3: Midlake - "Young Bride"

Dirty on Purpose: Just received a respectable 7.7 from Pitchfork for their new album, Hallelujah Sirens. Dream Pop, Space Pop, whatever you want to call it, they're playing in front of the home crowd in NYC next week (along with the Little Ones) so I plan to see for myself.
MP3: Dirty on Purpose - "No Radio"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your cutting & pasting skills are weak! The correct link for the Black Angels song is:
http://www.ezarchive.com/broganx/AlbumSpace/5TUF1AX5TW/Black+Angels+-+The+First+Vietnamese+War.mp3