Monday, June 12, 2006

Sonic Youth

These are the five coolest things, in no particular order, that happened during Day 2 at The Bridge School Benefit in 2004: Eddie Vedder & Ben Harper did a duet of "Diamonds On The Inside," Paul McCartney dedicated a song to John Lennon, Red Hot Chili Peppers did "Parallel Universe" acoustic, the Red Sox won Game 2 of the World Series, Sonic Youth performed. OK, if I could put them in order Sonic Youth would probably be number one. It was awesome, and I am extremely close to pulling the trigger on seeing them again at the 9:30 Club for a full-blown electric set. My only issue is that they are doing two shows in the same night...and I have had problems with the front end of a bill like that before. I would be on the back end of this one, but it still makes me wary...

At any rate, this band is worth any praise that comes their way and they rock something fierce, both live and on the majority of their studio releases. Pitchfork gave RATHER RIPPED a 7.5 in their well-written, informative review and you can stream that beast at the AOL Listening Party.

Late Night Circuit
June 16 - The Late Show w. David Letterman
July 11 - Jimmy Kimmel Live
August 8 - Late Night w. Conan O'Brien

Buy RATHER RIPPED at Amazon.com

1 comment:

TOP said...

I would definitely go, except I'll be in Columbus Thursday afternoon for a Thurs- no, wait - Friday evening rehearsal dinner.