Monday, June 12, 2006

Snowed In.

Perhaps the most annoying part of this was finding out about it at Pitchfork. For some reason I would just prefer to read this at SnowPatrol.com or 930.com first. Never being one to scoff at the fragility of vocal chords or a band doing the right thing instead of what they want to do for the fans, we wish Gary a safe and healthy recovery and a speedy return to a venue near us. From SnowPatrol.com:

ALL NORTH AMERICAN DATES POSTPONED!!
I saw the doctor again yesterday afternoon. The news is bad. My vocal chords don’t seem to have heeled at all. The polyps are still there and my singing voice is extremely weak. ‘What’s new?’ I hear from cheap seats. Indeed.

I’m so sorry about this but I’ve been advised by the doctor to not do any shows for a month. I may also need surgery but the initial suggestion from the doc is for me to rest at home for that time and see how I am in a few weeks.

I’ve also seen a voice coach here in New York who has given me some vocal exercises to help me heal and build up the strength of the voice. His advice on Wednesday was also preferably for me to take a month off.

I hope you all understand that if I could do this tour right now I would but I’m worried to go against doctor’s advice would lead to serious, even irreversible, problems further down the line.

Thank you all for your messages on the forum wishing me a speedy recovery it means a lot.

Our agent Marty has worked 24 hours straight pretty much to get these shows rebooked. God bless you Marty. They will take place in September and they will call in every town we have missed this time round and two others San Diego and Las Vegas. Your original tickets will still be valid of course. We will tell you the confirmed dates on Monday or Tuesday and when the tickets go on sale for the new shows.

Lots of love, gary.x

No comments: