Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Mars Volta: Amputechture

This great news courtesy of Frusciante.net:

Tuesday, 13 June 2006
According to the German music magazine Visions the next release from The Mars Volta will be entitled "Amputechture" and released in mid August. With this record John's involvement in The Mars Volta is going to be taken a step further. He has now become basically the rythmn guitarist of the band. Omar himself lately has been quoted that if he would have someone to play only his notes, he would have recorded everything by himself. This leads to the conclusion that John was given the space to put his own ideas and thoughts into the project.
There is probably nothing that gets me more excited than finding out news regarding The Mars Volta. I am not really sure why. I love them as a band, they put on a breathtaking live performance, and they are outrageously talented, but then again, so are a lot of the bands that we talk about...for some reason TMV just gets me excited.

I still remember listening to DE-LOUSED IN THE COMATORIUM for the first time in the parking lot outside of a Best Buy and just getting my mind blown. The album drop (August 11th) is supposed to coincide with their dates with the Chili Peppers which gives me outrageously high hopes for them bringing out a fairly big set before the Chilis. And of course, the hope for John and Omar to rip it out on "Especially In Michigan." At a minimum. A blogger can dream. I will probably be able to post more about this news once I get back to my house and have the ability to access dirty websites like MySpace without recieving electrical shocks through my mouse from Big Brother. Here is the actual article that the news came from, a background in German might prove helpful.
Flea, Omar, John (l-r)

No comments: