Saturday, June 10, 2006

New Muse: Black Holes & Revelations

Diehard Muse fans can breath a sigh of relief. Their new album has hit the internet and I while I haven't listened to it enough to go into much detail I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. This is a very good album (produced by Rich Costey - Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave) and while I haven't found any songs that immediately match up to New Born, Bliss, Stockholm Syndrome, or Time is Running Out, I can say that Supermassive Black Hold definitely stands out as the outlier. The band has taken a new direction, it's a bit more upbeat and poppier but the epic feeling is still there. I can't blame them, Origin of Symmetry and Absolution are near-perfect rock epics and rather than trying to duplicate that, they're growing and trying new things (remember Radiohead??). I'm sure you'll find a bunch of these songs floating around the internet and instead of giving away the farm, I thought I'd just post by favorite. If there was any doubt about what Muse is still capable of, this should answer it.

MP3: Muse - Assasin

1 comment:

Honey said...

Right on with the Muse. Hope they play the 9:30 again. A girl can dream...