Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Crimea

We Are Scientists were a little subpar last night. Definitely not as tight as when we caught them at Sonar last year. They seemed rather drunk and their conversations between songs continues to push me further and further away. We didn't have the benefit of a band like The Crimea saving the show for us last night, as was the case with Billy Corgan's set at 9:30 Club last year. Corgan was a terrible disappointment, but The Crimea made it a worthwhile experience for me. In a strange twist of fate, I happened to be wearing my Crimea T-shirt last night that says "Lottery Winners On Acid," (I don't follow the unwritten rule some speak of in regards to wearing band shirts to shows, etc.). While I was hanging out in the back of Black Cat watching the always entertaining freestyle walkers (there is always one, and it is someone different every time), a girl approached me and asked me where I got the shirt because The Crimea had never played DC. I told her that I had the good fortune of catching them open for Billy Corgan last summer and she was pissed that she missed it. We spoke briefly about how much we enjoy The Crimea and then went on our way avoiding the freestyle walker. Here is a little taste for the uninitiated...

MP3: The Crimea - "Lottery Winners On Acid"
MP3: The Crimea - "White Russian Galaxy"

Buy The Crimea - Lottery Winners On Acid [EP]
Buy The Crimea - Tragedy Rocks

Official Site | MySpace

No comments: