Friday, July 28, 2006

The Vita Ruins

When I sobered up this morning, I had to give it another listen. Maybe I was reluctant because the CD was handed to me as I stumbled out of the 9:30 Club last night. Top and I threw it in and I listened to it about two and a half times through before I woke up and we were at my crib. Halfway through that first listen I looked at Top and said, "this is pretty fucking good." Top responded with a "yeah it is." Which easily could have meant, "shut up and let me drive, drunkie." Another reason why I was reluctant after last night's listen was the fact that the CD showed up on iTunes as 2Pac's "Dear Mama." Hmmmm. So I listened again this morning. And then I checked out their MySpace page and found an even better track ("My Last Days On Earth") than the one we received last night. According to the MySpizzle you can grab EPs at their shows and they will be in the area in August. I am assuming that they are cool with me posting the .mp3 since they were handing the single out last night. See you in August, fellas. If you rearrange the words of Vita Ruins it spells out "anti-virus." Intense.

August 12
The Red & The Black, Washington, DC
w. The Timothy Bracken Complex, Mikal

August 19
The Galaxy Hut, Arlington, VA
w. Skydivers

MP3: The Vita Ruins - "Alien"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Weird, yeah same experience happened to me. I was walking out that same show, and was handed the CD. I gave it a whirl and thought it was really good too. So I just googled them and your blog came up. Yeah, these guys sound pretty legit.