Thursday, July 27, 2006

Irving - Death In The Garden, Blood On The Flowers


Amid the major label releases and the exploding indie bands that we have been hot on (Silversun Pickups, Birdmonster, Sound Team, The Black Keys, etc.) some other bands have been pushed aside. I received Irving's Death In The Garden, Blood On The Flowers earlier this year and never got around to discussing it. It is a well done record that has some very well-crafted pop songs on it. I came back to it recently, to make sure that I gave it a fair listen and found myself surprised at the wealth of solid tracks. Apparently something had a hold of me when I received this CD and I was not able to devote enough time to it. Tight hooks, nice vocal harmonies, and through and through, a solid album. Looking at their tour dates, I now remember almost checking them and Voxtrot out at Georgetown in April. I am sure they will be around again, and if they are, I will be hoping for these tracks...

MP3: Irving - "The Gentle Preservation of Children's Minds"
MP3: Irving - "Situation"

No comments: