Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Another Update on La La

I've been keeping close tabs on the La La cd trading service. The site has been live for a little over a month now and as an active member of the service I'm pleased to say that they've worked out some of the kinks/complaints that I had expressed in an earlier post. Most important to me is that users now have the ability to select that only cds with liner notes will be sent (you can still send cds without liner notes, if you want). This is huge for me as I found it to be pretty useless to receive a hard copy cd in the mail without any of the artwork. The caveat, if you can call it one, is that the price of receiving a cd was raised to $1.75 to account for the higher shipping costs (it's still $1 to receive any one cd). I think there is still some room for improvement on double albums/box sets because you can still only receive one cd at a time which means you can conceivably be chasing the rest of a collection until someone agrees to mail it to you. Anyway, for the folks out there like me that still like to own the hard copy cds, I strongly encourage you to check it out. I've found it to be a great way to trade away some of the crap that I've owned across the years (Incubus, Dead 60's to name a couple) and replace them with some cds that I've been meaning to add to my collection (At the Drive In's Relationship of Command, Trail of Dead's Secret of Elena's Tomb, etc.). I'm pretty sure anyone can sign on the site today but if you need an invite, I've got 50 that I can send out. Just hit me off on email and get in there so we can all trade some cds.

No comments: