Thursday, July 27, 2006

Chris Cornell Writes 007 Theme

What is to be made of this? Is this better or worse that Jack White's Coke ad? Chris Cornell is one of my favorite rock stars of all time but his staying power seems to be slipping a bit. It started with the Live in Cuba album and a horrendously bad rendition of Rage's "Sleep Now In the Fire." There are certain voices in music that aren't worth covering and I think Zack de la Rocha is one of them. I don't care if the rest of the band is behind you. InMyTree saw one of Audioslave's covers of RATM so he may have a different opinion. Next is the tired debut single, "Original Fire" from Revelations. I don't know, it might be time to move on.

Coolfer also has the latest gossip on the possible Audioslave break-up and RATM reunion.

2 comments:

NF said...

I am all about a RATM reunion and Audioslave break-up. Check out the DVD The Battle of Mexico City. Came out in 2001. Absolutely insane performance. That said, Cornell is a stud. The recent stuff will never change my opinion of him, I just think that the collaboration has run its course. I will never forget seeing the "Cochise" video for the first time and thinking..."fuck yeah, this is gonna be great!"

JK said...

agreed. it won't taint my opinion of him either but it's hard watching them go out like this.