Friday, July 21, 2006

Virgin Festival


Things are shaping up. Top and I grabbed our tickets today. I just grabbed a ticket for the First Lady, and it turns out Callo and The Geaux are going to make it down, as well. It didn't take much to rope Callo's mess into the mix (all I told him was that we were drinking in Baltimore). Well, actually he was sold when I uttered these two words: "The Who." Rock legends, Pearl Jam influences, and all around beasts in the Metro D book. That part in the movie VANILLA SKY (of who's merit we will discuss later), you know, the skyscraper, the still frames, when Pete Townshend hits his knees (a clip from QUADROPHENIA) sent me through the roof (that's Sigur Ros playing, kids). I love that movie (that's me discussing the merit of the movie). The original, ABRE LOS OJOS is far superior but there is something about Tom Cruise wearing a mask yelling "Patron!" at the bartender that makes me smile. Fuck, that's my dumb ass every Friday night. Except I don't wear a mask, treat my friends like dogshit, and dump Julianna Gianni (aka Cameron Diaz). I do yell "Patron!" at bartenders, though, and consider Jason Lee a friend. At any rate here is some goodness from The Who and beyond to nibble on while you get your weekend started...

MP3: The Who - "Boris The Spider" (BBC Sessions)
MP3: The Who - "Leaving Here" (BBC Sessions)
MP3: The Who - "The Seeker" (BBC Sessions)
MP3: The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again"
MP3: The Who - "Baba O'Riley"
MP3: Pete Townshend - "Heart To Hang Onto" (ft. Eddie Vedder)
MP3: Pete Townshend - "Magic Bus" (ft. Eddie Vedder)

Ticketmaster | Pimlico Official Site

  

No comments: