Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Striking Fear In The Hearts of Livers Everywhere

3 days and counting until I black out, only to wake up on Sunday morning with hazy memories of catching The Mars Volta (Albany), Red Hot Chili Peppers (Albany), and TV On The Radio (Baltimore) in a 24 hour period across 5 states, stretching 350 miles, running on (an early estimate of) 2 cases of Bud Heavy, 1 case of Pabst Blue Ribbon, 1 case Coors Light, 1 handle Crown Royal, 1 handle Jack Daniel's, and, not to mention, 2 cases of Red Bull to make it home Sunday afternoon night. While I give myself a 75% survival rate, I am putting the hotel room, that I am sharing with five other grown men that should know better, a 5% survival rate. I am going to try and shake the dust off of the festival tested, Metro D approved SmashBerry and get that fucker ready to roll. This will be a weekend for the record books. The Beast (the mother of all coolers, holds 60 cans, with ice, and has wheels) will be making the trip, as will my car, The Silver Bullet. Both are tried and true veterans of other Metro D conflicts, but this...this might be their capstone exercise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have identified all of the potential risks (PBR, Crown, Dr. Jack) and have a somewhat solid mitigation plan (ample quanities of Red Bull). Personally, I'd add a pack of Marlboro Mediums to that, but then again, I'm almost guaranteed an early grave.

Good luck, my friend. May the force be with all of you.