Sunday, October 01, 2006

Aloha Mr. Hand

Back from my honeymoon in Hawaii. After wearing out our cds for a week driving around Kauai, I surprised to find Maui's rock station, 101.1, the Point. Outside of KROQ in LA, this is the best commercial-based rock I've ever heard on the radio. Great variety of new and old rock from Sparta, Tool, Thom Yorke, Muse, the Killers, Jet, Foos, Beck, DCFC, and more. I was more than happy to put up with the occassional P!ATD and 30 Seconds to Mars and reassured to know that at least someone out there has some idea of what to put on the radio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rock is everywhere, I have traveled many Asian countries and in little villages everywhere little radios blast our great rock tunes.
It has travelled the world more than the space shuttle.
Mark
Car Breakdown Cover