Thursday, October 26, 2006

Bloc Party: Tracklisting, Release Date

One of my fondest memories of the weekend that was Coachella 2006 was playing Bloc Party in the parking lot for a buddy of mine that was home on mid-tour leave. 2005 and 2006 found him pretty busy with war and all, and he had missed Bloc Party's epic debut, Silent Alarm. The look on his face when "Positive Tension" unfolded three songs in was probably the same look I had on my face months later when he saw me catch The Who perform "Baba O'Riley" for the first time live. Watching a music fanatic friend of mine go from hearing an album, to completely digging it, to hearing it live in a matter of hours was unreal. Just like Boris' Pink owns the Baltimore/Washington Parkway, Silent Alarm owns Indio, CA. Everytime I spin Silent Alarm I think of the Coachella Five and the weekend in "Other Desert Cities." And now, to the news...

"Bloc Party release their second full-length album A Weekend In The City - 5th February 2007 through Wichita Recordings. Produced by Jacknife Lee and recorded at Grouse Lodge Studios in Ireland. Bloc Party's newest collection of songs is a stunning, intense and brilliant follow-up to their celebrated debut Silent Alarm. The album will be preceded by the single 'The Prayer,' released 29th January 2007." [Bloc Party Official Site]

Here is the tracklisting:

01. "Song For Clay (Disappear Here)"
02. "Hunting For Witches"
03. "Waiting For the 7.18"
04. "The Prayer"
05. "Uniform"
06. "On"
07. "Where Is Home?"
08. "Kreuzberg"
09. "I Still Remember"
10. "Sunday"
11. "SRXT"

Below are some live versions of the new tracks we will be catching November 11th at the Patriot Center (StubHub | eBay) and on disc come 5 February. Good shit is always going down around my birthday. Pats winning Super Bowls, getting home from the desert, Bloc Party albums...

Live @ Coachella
MP3: Bloc Party - "Uniform"

Live @ Paredes de Coura, Portugal
MP3: Bloc Party - "Song For Clay (Disappear Here)"
MP3: Bloc Party - "Waiting for the 7.18"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! However, the MP3 links don't work :(

NF said...

EZArchive (the Metro D archive of choice) is going through a migration. Give them another shot later on. My apologies. I had no idea this was going down today. If it isn't solid by tomorrow, I will re-post with yousendit. Who wants a drink???

Anonymous said...

The link is still down :(

NF said...

My apologies. These are all in our EZArchive archive and the thing is completely fucked right now. I don't have them on my hard drive here, so I won't be able to put them back up until EZArchive gets it's shite together. Again, our apologies.

Anonymous said...

I've heard most of the new songs. The links are wrong. The first song is infact the brilliant Hunting For Witches, and THEN it's Song For Clay.

Cheers

Fred