Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Sunset Rubdown: New Album and Tour Dates

I've always felt that Spencer Krug was the strongest link in Wolf Parade but for me, one of the aspects that made Apologies to the Queen Mary so great was the alternating vocals with Dan Boeckner. Their vocals are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum and it creates an amazing balance. Well, Krug's other band, Sunset Rubdown - this is their third release so I probably can't call this a side band - is back with the release of Shut Up I Am Dreaming and received best new music status on Pitchfork. With Krug handling all lead vocals, I just can't get as comfortable listening to his strangely pitched voice throughout Sunset Rubdown's music. Maybe it will grow on me. That said, the album opener, Stadium and Shrines II (mp3 below) is a must listen for any Wolf Parade fan. You can catch Krug and crew at the following East Coast shows.

5/19, Toronto, ON (Opera House)
5/20, Montreal, QC (El Salon)
5/23, Philadelphia, PA (First Unitarian Church)
5/24, New York, NY (Mercury Lounge)
5/25, Cambridge, MA (TT the Bear's)

MP3: Sunset Rubdown - Stadiums and Shrines II

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»