Thursday, May 11, 2006

Etc.

I am definitely looking forward to Peter Bogdanovich's documentary on Tom Petty.

Top and I saw Blood On The Wall open up for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in February. Neither of us were very impressed, especially when their bass player received a lesson on stage from the guitarist. At any rate, they signed to Fat Cat Records for distribution outside the US.

This is a great article on sticking to your guns, even if it means admitting that you like U2 in 2006.

A good friend of mine from high school lost his life in this fire. Great White's tour manager was sentenced to four years in prison yesterday.

I just got clued into The Crutch (Blog), who used to be The Crutch (Rock 'N Roll publication). Their latest post is great. I was turned on to them by The Chicagoist via Largehearted Boy. This quote was what caught my eye:

Chicagoist has always admired The Crutch’s smart writing in the face of so much of today’s rock criticism that seems intent on showing off how much smarter the writer is than the material that he or she is reviewing. While we’ll miss The Crutch as a publication, we’re fans of blogging too and look forward to reading The Crutch 2.0.
Sounds like a blog after my own heart.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»