Thursday, May 18, 2006

Odds & Ends

*My sincere apologies for the dropoff in posts the last few days. The day job has been brutal. But, I have been busy. I did the first Metro D interview two days ago with Chris (bass, keyboards) from Wolfmother. I have been too busy to write the whole beast down, but it is coming. I learned a couple of things during the course of the interview: my accent is thicker than I thought, Wolfmother is the shit, I say the word "absolutely" a lot and digital voice recorders are light years beyond what I expected.

*The busy days at work were fueled by a Bloc Party soundtrack for whatever reason.

*I bought tickets to the Liars show tonight at Black Cat completely forgetting that I was working all night tonight. Fack! If anyone goes and has some pics, feelings, thoughts, or words about it let me know.

*The Mars Volta has a big sale going on. I love their T-shirts because they scare the dogsh*t out of people and for some reason don't get incredibly nasty when you wear them for four straight days at Coachella.

*The Strokes revealed that "You Only Live Once" will be their next single. NME has the details. There is no word on what the B-sides will be. The video will be out in mid to late June.

*Chuck D and Tom Morello weigh in on the state of "protest music" at PunkNews.org.

*Prefixmag.com looks back at Coachella from several different view points. I never saw a glimpse of all this traffic that everyone is talking about. We were camping, sure, but we left every morning to get food, booze, booze, and food, then shot right back into 'Chella and got down. Maybe we just know how to roll. That could be it.

*We are f*cking famous! Scroll down and check out who is the FMA Website Spotlight...many thanks to Filter-Mag for the Wolfmother interview hookup, as well. And that kick-ass party with free booze the night before Coachella. Shamboozle!

*It was borderline miraculous that John Frusciante returned to the Red Hot Chili Peppers after some years dedicated to heroin. The second time around with the band he replaced Dave Navarro, who has a knack for annoying certain members of Metro D (namely myself and Top). Mr. Carmen Electra has a new band called The Panic Channel. It is fronted by a former MTV VJ. Oh, you need more? Check out the Rolling Stone Online Exclusive. Gross. Viva Frusciante!

*A few weeks ago I posted about Sam Roberts Band. If you didn't check it out, you need to. They have brilliant melodies and great songwriting. You can watch a video at Rolling Stone.

*Cryptic shit from BVegan on We Are Scientists, Art Brut, and Think About Life. Here.

MP3: Think About Life - "Paul Cries"

No comments: