Sunday, May 14, 2006

Weiland & Lauper: Vid, mp3

Here is the video and mp3 to the Cyndi Lauper "Decades Rock Live" performance I was talking about last night. It initially aired on VH1 Classic earlier this year. "Barbarella" is by far the best song they did together (they did about 4, I think) and is off of Weiland's solo album 12 BAR BLUES. This album strays a bit from the STP-worn path and shows the influence of Bowie, Lennon, and others on Weiland. It received a small amount of critical acclaim including a 7.8 from Pitchfork. VH1 Classic has more info about the show which also featured Shaggy, Pat Monahan from Train, and Ani DiFranco. In a slightly disturbing twist of fate, I just turned on the TV and it is on right now. Weird...

You can catch it again on the following dates:
VH1 Classic May 20, 2006 6:00 AM EST
VH1 Classic May 23, 2006 2:00 AM EST
VH1 Classic May 23, 2006 2:00 PM EST
VH1 Classic May 26, 2006 2:00 PM EST

MPEG: Scott Weiland & Cyndi Lauper - "Barbarella" (Decades Rock Live performance)
MP3: Scott Weiland & Cyndi Lauper - "Barbarella" (Decades Rock Live performance)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»