Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wilderness

We here at MD aren't really sure who is checking our blog out. We know someone is, but at points we feel like it might be our girlfriends or parents that are giving us all our hits. Then we get money emails out of nowhere that clue us into great bands. Granted, I have only heard two songs from this band, but the combination of that experience with an extremely positive review from the receiving end of my favorite love hate relationship, Pitchfork, makes me really excited about these guys.

First off, I have to thank Howard who shot us the email. Wilderness has an atmospheric, layered sound that doesn't remind me of a lot of bands that I am familiar with. There are pieces that remind me of other bands, but the whole, complete sound is very interesting and original. They are playing in Baltimore this Saturday night at The Floristree Place (405 W Franklin Street, 6th Floor). You can check them out at their website or their MySpace page. The second of these two tracks sealed the deal for me. Enjoy. Thanks again, Howard.

MP3: Wilderness - "Arkless"
MP3: Wilderness - "End Of Freedom"
MP3: Wilderness - "Emergency"

2 comments:

1000yregg said...

glad to be of help. i found out about these guys last year, and i am really looking forward to seeing them.

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»