Monday, May 29, 2006

Back in the Mix

Happy Memorial Day. I'm back in NYC after a relaxing long weekend in Charlottesville with the fam. Traveling through DC, I was forced to listen to DC 101 because I forgot to bring cds for the rental. I'm still laughing at how poor their music selection is. Is DC 101 now just a 90s rock station? I think the most recent song I heard during my drive was Boulevard of Broken Dreams. How have they completely missed the boat on new music? They even played old songs from bands that just released albums (PJ, RHCP, etc.). Pure comedy that a DC institution in music could be this bad. Yet another pathetic effort from ClearChannel.

Anyway, I read a very interesting article over the weekend on Sunn 0))), BORIS and their record company Southern Lord Recordings, randomly, from the New York Times magazine . I think you'll be very surprised by it.

No comments: