Thursday, May 11, 2006

Audible Edibles

You have to love this guy's voice and the lounge-y feel to the groove:
MP3: Dan Zimmerman "Either/Or"

MP3: Zero 7 - "Throw It All Away"
MP3: Zero 7 - "Seeing Things"

I didn't realize that this song is actually a folk ballad:
MP3: Muse - "House of the Rising Sun"

MP3: Raconteurs - "Together"
MP3: Raconteurs - "Store Bought Bones"

Omar hits you about the face 2 minutes and 22 seconds in...
MP3: Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Especially In Michigan"

This girl is going to rule the summer. Like it. Or not.
MP3: Lily Allen - "Smile"

Sonic Youth is playing the 9:30 Club on June 15th.
MP3: Sonic Youth - "Cinderella's Big Score"

A little solo John goes a long way...
MP3: John Frusciante - "Country Feedback" (R.E.M. cover)

5 comments:

NF said...

I have heard of "House of the Rising Sun." I just didn't realize that it was, in fact, a folk ballad, and not traced originally to one band or another. I checked it out on Wikipedia because I was about to write it down as an Animals cover, and decided to do some research before I wrote it that way. I was similarly suprised to find out some years ago that "Gallows Pole" by Led Zeppelin has its roots in an English folk ballad. At any rate, thanks for the heads up on Cat Power's version.

NF said...

What album does CCR's version appear on? I am tracking their biggest hits as "Proud Mary," "Bad Moon Rising," "Green River," "Travelin' Band," and "Looking Out My Back Door" all of which peaked at no. 2 on the charts. I'm not finding "House of the Rising Sun" on any of their discs and Wikipedia doesn't list them as a band that covered the song. Let us know...

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»