Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sparta

In my humble opinion, Sparta is the lesser half what was formerly called At The Drive-In. The greater half, of course, being The Mars Volta. However, there are not many bands of equal or greater value to me than The Mars Volta, which leads you, our faithful reader (or unique visitor, perhaps) to the conclusion that Sparta is a very respectable band. You conclude correctly. I actually caught Sparta open for Pearl Jam a few years ago (RIOT ACT tour, Atlanta, April 19th, 2003, I believe) and they were fantastic. I mean lets be honest, cats like Omar and Cedric don't form bands with a bunch of lackeys, and At The Drive-In was continuing to get better and better before the breakup, so there are good times (and good tunes) to be had from these boys in Sparta. Thus we bring you news and promise of a forthcoming release from Sparta, a release that, I, despite my relentless devotion to The Mars Volta, eagerly await. The album is set for release in September (the 27th to be exact) and word of a tour will be sure to follow (or, perhaps precede). Here are some goodies to hold you over...

LATEST PODCAST: Number 3
ENTIRE PODCAST: Big Enchilada

No comments: