Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My Cup Overfloweth

As if it wasn't enough to be completely hooked on the latest Band of Horses, Pearl Jam, Tool and Peter Walker albums, enter STADIUM ARCADIUM (not to mention a fucking Red Sox-Yankees series tonight). I am sure people are sick of the RHCP hype at this site. I don't care. Stream this album. You don't even have to pay for it. And then find me a better guitarist as prolific as Frusciante. He put out 6 albums in 6 months, what, a year ago? And then he brings this? Everything from funk, to outrageous solos, to straight up pop songs, to hard rock? He is truly something special. This album is more than I expected, and I am a fan of these guys. I am just waiting for Pitchfork to toss it a 5.3. That is, if they even look at it.

A quick note, on another topic: this is an interesting post and comments section from Stereogum. Here's the deal. We kicked this bitch off without even realizing that people would email mp3s. Now we get good shit in the mail like Sam Roberts and The Bronx. When we post we tell you what we like. And there is a lot of stuff we get in the mail that we don't post. When I first got the email about The Bronx, I flipped out. One of the craziest things to see in punk is someone that can scream and carry a melody/harmony at the same time. Sam Roberts just knows how to write songs, great songs. Sometimes we post stuff from bands we find on MySpace and don't recommend it, just give those bands the courtesy of putting it out there. I would be stupid to turn a blind eye to bands I don't necessarily like. Take our coverage of Death Cab For Cutie, for instance. Top and I aren't fans, but we still throw some MP3s or news out there on occasion because we know their relevance and importance in the music world right now. If someone was pulling the strings out here, we certainly wouldn't be pushing mainstreamers like RHCP, PJ, or Tool as much as we have been. It just so happened albums from those three bands dropped in the span of eight days. And naturally we are spinning them. A lot. But that's reality, these are bands that I have been in love with since the first time I listened to TEN or heard my brother playing "Stinkfist" over and over again on our AIWA 6-disc CD Changer. We hit you up with what's important to us and what we think should be important to you. Judging from the amount of comments we get...people agree...or hate us. Ha ha. We will keep it coming. From the land of indie, mainstream and everywhere in between. And for God's sake, listen to this fucking RHCP album. Unreal. Name a better lead guitarist. Do it. You can't.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»