Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Queens of the Stone Age Conjecture

[Photo Credit: Matthew Field]

One can only venture a guess that the track "I Wanna Make It Wit Chu" off of Over the Years and Through the Woods is an early form of the track "Make It Wit Chu" from the forthcoming Era Vulgaris. I have not heard the latter, but the former is the only track on Over the Years not on any QOTSA studio album.

UPDATE: According to The Omniscient Almighty Wikipedia: "'I Wanna Make It Wit Chu' is reported to be re-recorded for the Queens' fifth studio album, Era Vulgaris." They are referring to the version found on Volume 9 & 10 of the Desert Sessions. I need to track that CD down and compare the live version to what they recorded in 2003. Someone hop in here and fill our minds with knowledge. Thanks to Anonymous for getting this ball rolling and getting our heads right.

 

MP3: Queens of the Stone Age - "I Wanna Make It Wit Chu" (Live)

Here's another tasty Era Vulgaris teaser from their MySpace page. I almost died laughing when I saw the Buffalo Bill quote on their profile. The video has yet another sick little riff that I can't wait to blast on the drive to Bonnaroo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, "I Wanna Make It Wit Chu" first appeared on Desert Sessions 9 & 10 in 2003. The Desert Sessions are recording sessions conducted by Josh Homme, where other musicians are invited to participate. Essentially, they just jam over a few days and record the result. Also, many QOTSA songs were first recording in Desert Sessions, from "Avon," to "Monsters in the Parasol" to "You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Millionaire."