Friday, September 01, 2006

Piss Poor Panic! Performances.

I just watched Panic! At The Disco's performance on MTV Overdrive (don't ask, I'm bored) and I Puked! In My Mouth. Terrible. But it's not just them, just about every live performance I have caught so far is gross and The Raconteurs as the house band is equally as disgusting (Jack White, WTF? Brendan Benson, WTF?). After I brushed my teeth and returned to the computer I started doing some Panic! At The Disco research, simply because I will be buying tickets to see Bloc Party open up for them. And - did I mention this - I am bored out of my skull. Here are some quick facts:

*Their lead singer, Brendan Urine Urie recently got hit with a partially opened bottle of urie urine while on stage in Britain. I think it's bullshit to do that to a performer (see TMV @ Endfest) regardless of how bad the music is.
*Fans of Bloc Party are not happy with the Brits opening up for the boys from Vegas on a recently announced US tour. Jack's Mannequin will also perform.
The following according to Wikipedia:
*Their band name refers to a line in the song "Panic" by Name Taken.
*They are inspired by Chuck Palahniuk novels.
*After an appearance on TRL they posted something on their Official Website that they were opposed to doing it because it would appear "too mainstream." They subsequently gave a remixed single to the Snakes On A Muthafuckin' Plane Soundtrack. Hmmm.
*In one of their videos, the band is not shown very much because they felt like their appearance was detracting from their music. They wore top hats and outrageous vaudevillian outfits last night on the VMAs. Hmmm.
The following from Brendan Urie's Wikipedia page:
*During their recent tour with Dresden Dolls, and OK Go the bands "had trouble finding universal fans."
Metro D will gives these guys one song and one song only. Actually, I have already heard one of their songs. They are terrible. They will not get a second of our time. This was an utter waste of my morning.

3 comments:

NF said...

I have to quit being a fickle piece of shit. I am watching Jack and Meg White on Charlie Rose right and Jack is smart, endearing, honest, and everything I like in a musician. I have to cut this guy some slack with the whole Coca-Cola, MTV VMA house band shit. I need to shut the fuck up and listen to Elephant or De Stijl or Get Behind Me Satan

NF said...

I apologize to you too Brendan Benson. The Raconteurs probably provided the best music on last night. I just found it disgusting that they were used in that way.

Anonymous said...

we dont care wat ne yall got 2 say we love him n we think dat he is the hottest emo rocker eva WE LOVE U BENDAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mwa kisses

love mish jess n soph