Friday, August 11, 2006

The Swoon in June in August

"Even the losers / Get lucky sometimes."

*Note: Obligatory pine tar incident photo above. There is no other Royals related photo worth showing.

Jesus, Mary, and Theo. What the fuck is going on with the BoSox? I almost threw up in my mouth when we got swept by the fucking Royals last night. Scratch that. I did throw up in my mouth. Horrendous. It's one thing to get swept by the Royals. It's another thing to open up The Globe online to find a cute kid mocking you with a fucking broom. JK and I have now determined that 'Tek is the most valuable player with a .243 BA, ever. Well, we actually knew that, but we just hoped that the team would hang in there during his absence. Not quite. We have dropped our last 5 straight (1-5 road trip) and the once impregnable bullpen is crumbling, with Papelbon blowing his last two saves. The sentiments of the Nation, as always, are flawlessly depicted on Soxaholix. To the Royals, I dedicate some Tom Petty.

MP3: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - "Even The Losers"

No comments: