Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sparta, Sound Team @ Black Cat, Oct. 10

Holy fucking October. I really thought it wasn't going to get any better than what we already had planned:

Tue 17 October: Art Brut, Spinto Band, Tokyo Police Club @ Black Cat
Fri 20 October: TV On The Radio @ Sonar
Sat 21 October: Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Mars Volta @ Pepsi Arena
Thu 26 October: The National @ Black Cat
Sat 28 October: The Wrens @ Black Cat
Tue 31 October: Tapes 'N Tapes @ Black Cat
TBD XX October: Red Sox Win World Series

And then this show popped up:

Tue 10 October: Sparta, Sound Team, Lola Ray @ Black Cat

If I live to see November one will have to wonder how these grad school applications will turn out. UCLA: November 1.

On a side note, I was not in attendance at the 9:30 Club last night because my GRE class lasted 3 hours long. And we had a sub. And he sucked. And what was up with the 8:00 start for Riverboat Gamblers and a 9:00 start for Rollins? I saw that and knew it would be close. Then I sat through the first half hour of my class, looked at the lesson plan and realized there was not a shot in hell that I was going to catch any of that goodness. The only thing quelling the pain I feel for missing that show is thinking about doing TV On The Radio, The Mars Volta, & Red Hot Chili Peppers in a 24 hour span. Good god, we might need medical support. And beers. CANNONBALL RUN!

And I am dead fucking serious about the BoSox. It will all turn around this weekend at The Fens.

2 comments:

1000yregg said...

you should check out jenny lewis at 9:30 Oct 15, spank rock are playing black cat and ottobar at the end of the month. the decemberists are playing 2 nights in oct at the 9:30 as well.
then hot chip kick off their US tour at sonar nov 1st.

Julio Enriquez said...

wow, sparta and sound team....geez louise, that's bad ass!!!