Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Dismemberment Plan @ Black Cat, to Benefit the Callum Robbins Family Fund

Keep on eye on Going Out Gurus for the lowdown on a second Dismemberment Plan Reunion show. The first one sold out in a flash, which is a rarity for Black Cat shows. Here are the details, for what will now be the second of two shows, from BlackCatDC.com:

"The first time I saw The D Plan was in a basement on the campus of William and Mary. I was a student, Travis Morrison was a former student, and the Plan's music was the kind of beat-heavy and rhythm-friendly rock that would later become known as dance-punk. A couple years later - and one decade after they formed - The Dismemberment Plan broke up. I was glad I had a chance to see them then. I'm glad I have a chance to see them now.

"I'm also glad I have a chance to help out Black Cat friends and Channels members J. Robbins and Janet Morgan, who welcomed their first child - a son named Callum - into the world on January 27, 2006. Not long afterwards, it was discovered that Cal was born with a genetic motor neuron disease called Type 1 SMA, or Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Our hope is that people whose lives J., Janet, and Cal have touched - with their music, their friendship, and their work in the independent music community - can help."
Beauty Pill and Owls & Crows will open up. There are more details about Callum and his family at DeSoto Records.

No comments: