Wednesday, March 28, 2007

DCist: Walkmen @ Rock 'N Roll Hotel

The DCist caught the Walkmen last friday night. I was in Baltimore catching up with old friends and taking in the UNC/USC game. I already had tickets to The Walkmen/Kaiser Chiefs bill and I much prefer 9:30 Club to any other venue in the city in terms of sound, so I passed last Friday night. Interestingly, the DCist's post about the Walkmen sparked some sound quality debates in the comment section, as well as debate about the quality of the Walkmen's performance. As someone who has never been to the Rock 'N Roll Hotel, I'm left wondering what the deal is. I've heard a number of times that it is an incredible space, but I also regularly hear a debate about the sound.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd have to agree with some of the lackluster comments about the Walkmen's live performance. I saw them at the 9:30 last year and wasn't impressed. Really expected more, especially with them being from the area.