Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Setting the Record Straight for Amp Camp & Insound

I just read the e-mail traffic between JK and Amp Camp GM, Andy, from a week ago. That INBOX is so inundated with bullshit e-mail blasts from random record companies and PR departments that it is easy to see why so much slips through the cracks between JK and I. It's no excuse. I should have been aware of how professionally Andy handled the situation. He explained the entire deal in regards to the who, what, when, where and why and you can't really ask for anything more than that. Some of it was record company snafus and some of it fell on them. And he admitted that. He was completely fair and we respect that.

I think the knee-jerk reaction for us is to write and post as soon as we think about it instead of doing the right thing, which, in the case, would be getting in touch with these guys. That's fucked up, especially concerning a place like Amp Camp, which is the only resource for someone like me getting a hold of Boris' Rainbow double-disc. We fucked up by blasting them a second time, when they were so polite and honest the first time around. I hope this sets the record straight and we will be more professional about this kind of thing in the future. Here we are bitching about Pitchfork being responsible and we aren't taking the same strides.

On the Insound tip, I just talked to them and it was sent out weeks ago, the stuff just got lost in the mail. They are taking care of me. Time to crawl back into my little hole and try and get the foot out of my mouth. Elsewhere in my world: my iPod died today (it was resuscitated) and I got a flat tire on my way home from work (I threw the ol' ghetto wheel on there and we are good to go). This all took place minutes after I posted about Amp Camp and Insound. Karma's a bitch.

No comments: