Friday, February 09, 2007

An Interview With Mr. Frusciante @ RS

I still haven't tracked down the list or picked up the magazine, but as soon as I know who Rolling Stone's Top 20 New Guitar Gods are...you will know.

And I have no idea why I am obsessing over a list from this magazine on this topic as much as I am. But I am. I think part of it is finding out where the current greats (in my mind) stack up on a list from a guy with the knowledge and access that David Fricke has. I respect the intelligence and opinions he brings to the magazine. At any rate...a list is a list. In the end it's an opinion. But, I am interested.

In the meantime there is some John Frusciante love over at Rolling Stone's website. David Fricke interviewed John Mayer, Derek Trucks and closed the article with his talk with John. As is often the case with John, the quick chat is interesting: "Luckily, I've always thought of myself as a musician more than a guitar player. Since I'm always changing as a person and my tastes are always changing, that is reflected in the ways I approach my instrument. I never feel like I'm running out of ideas, because it is clear to me -- music is infinite."

No comments: