Friday, May 05, 2006

The Mars Volta - "Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of)," Big Day Out Festival, 2004

Last night, I was finally able to sit down and check out my Coachella DVD. It is very well done and has some excellent performances. Early in the DVD, Cedric Bixler-Zavala of The Mars Volta was walking on his hands during "The Apparatus Must Be Unearthed," dragging his body behind him on the floor of the stage and the First Lady asks, "why do these guys act like such psychos?" Of course, we hadn't even seen the Stooges performance on the DVD yet, but I had to laugh. They do act like psychos. And I love it. These guys are amazing live. I have had the opportunity twice and it was unreal both times. Since this has turned into YouTube Friday here at Metro D, I figured I would pass this gem on as well.

No comments: