Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Coachella Day 1 Wrap from OC Register

This is a good summary. However, I need to emphasize how great the White Rose Movement, Wolfmother, and TV On The Radio shows were. On top of that, to have to opportunity to catch some Depeche Mode, taste Daft Punk and rock with Franz Ferdinand, Day 1 was well worth the price of admission. I felt bad not catching Common, but I have been screwed by hip hop live performances in the past and I didn't want to run that risk versus catching something great elsewhere in the Festival. I definitely back this guy up with the feeling that some of these bands just cannot connect in a Festival environment. That being said, it was truely remarkable the way Wolfmother and TV On The Radio came across as well oiled machines poised for any venue at a moment's notice.

No comments: