Thursday, April 20, 2006

Cities; AOL Music Stream

I posted a song by Cities last week that reminded me a bit of Alice in Chains and moved on without giving it much thought. I finally downloaded another tune, "A Theme," from their debut album Cities and that fully grabbed my attention. For me, one good song from a new band warrants notice but two solid tracks deserves a much deeper dive into the tunes. That's when AOL music becomes such a great resource. You can stream the entire Cities album here. In short, it's a solid debut with several stand-out tracks (Capitol is another one) and I get the sense that this band is on the cusp of reaching the next level; just not quite there yet on all the tracks. The album was released on Tuesday. You can buy it here.

MP3: Cities - A Theme
MP3: Cities - Lancer

No comments: