Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Cinemechanica

The difference between Cinemechanica and say, The Mars Volta, is simple. When the vocal comes in, over the angular, disjointed riffs, TMV draws you in and Cinemechanica pushes you away. Some people may like it. I am still pondering. I love the sound, I love the guitars, I love the building energy in their two donwloads, but I feel like the vocal leaves something to be desired. But, I am only one man, and I know many people that can't stand Cedric Bixler-Zavala's voice. For those people, we offer an alternative. Of course, the vocal isn't the only difference between these two bands, but I feel it was the most notable. Have a taste for yourself:

MP3: Cinemechanica - "Brain Tarp"
MP3: Cinemechanica - ""Bruckheimer

Also of note, Pitchfork is on point with the Drive Like Jehu and Q and Not U comparisons. In fact, Cinemechanica point those bands out as influences on their MySpace page, where you can download two songs in addition to the songs that are posted here.

Official Site

No comments: