Friday, April 28, 2006

The Timeout Drawer @ Velvet Lounge


After my recovery from Coachella is complete, I really am going to get back into the gym. No, really. And when I do, I'm going to be listening to The Timeout Drawer on my IPOD. Although I only caught the last 3 songs of their set, having come straight from the Cope show down the street, 3 songs was all I needed. Picked up their CD Nowonmai, and new EP Alone, and will dig into them on today's flights. Talked to a couple of the guys in the band after the show (unfortunatley I was only 1 of 6 fans, only to find out 4 were the following act), and the down to earth Chi-Town vibe was definitely present. They will hit up The 5 Spot in Philly and the Knitting Factory in NYC before heading back home and going back to work. Thanks to Chicago Innerview Magazine for giving me the heads up on this great band. You can check out some songs, videos, and downloads, on their Official and Myspace homepages.

Couple quick notes on the Velvet Lounge, a new local venue to add to the list. It's incredibly like Fletcher's in Baltimore, except max capacity upstairs is probably 40-50 max. Don't mess with the bouncer downstairs, he is very large and apparantly has an anger management problem.

No comments: