Monday, April 10, 2006

Two If By Sea

My luck has improved as the day has gone by. I was checking out the bands that are playing DC9 in the coming months and I stumbled upon Two If By Sea. These guys are definitely worth a look. They have paid their dues and logged some miles touring with the likes of Secret Machines, Q and Not U, We Are Scientists and OK Go. They are currently doing a residency at DC9, playing every Thursday (13th, 20th, 27th remain).

They are heading back into the studio in May, following the DC9 residency. Their first full length album, TRANSLATIONS met some high praise in indie circles. You can scroll down The Pill's 2004 recap and read what editor Michael Marotta had to say about their debut or read a full write-up.

"Million To One" and "This Will Hurt Someone" are great new-wave songs with a heavy rock influence. Comparable to The Bravery in terms of the synth laden riffs, but for some reason I catch a little Nine Inch Nails as well (pay no mind to this, I have Reznor on the mind lately). Top and I are definitely going to check these guys out. You can hear the Bunnymen and Cure influence everywhere.

Buy TRANSLATIONS at Insound
MySpace (3 downloads available)
Official Site

MPEG: Two If By Sea - This Will Hurt Someone

1 comment:

TOP said...

They had me at "Influences: bunnymen."