Monday, April 03, 2006

stellastar*/Editors, small Hard-Fi review

...are the longest lasting memory from the four shows I caught last week. They have prompted a purchase of HARMONIES FOR THE HAUNTED and further investigation of BACK ROOM. at any rate, that show beat Arctic Monkeys, Rob Zombie, and Hard-Fi in terms of permanence. I was pretty mesmerized by what was going on at the 9:30 Club last Wednesday.

I might have more to report in terms of Hard-Fi if I wasn't off my neck at that show banging on the speaker and pumping PBR's like it was going out of style. 5 Boddingtons before we got to Black Cat and the jaegerbombs (and 40 0z. of St. Ide's) before the opening act finished didn't help the cause. I would try and formulate a review but I just remember those guys being hyped up, not sounding as polished as the album, doing "Seven Nation Army" and keeping the crowd pretty into it throughout the short set. Top might have more to add, he drove.

The night ended with Taco Bell + DVRed season finale of THE SHIELD = goodbye Lem, I am crying in my quesadilla.

No comments: