Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Trail of Dead's Conrad Keely Interviews with P4K, The Skinny

"It's not that people feel apathetic about music or the way it is, but there's a certain sense of resignation about what can and can't be done, with things like records leaking. It seems like the stuff that is really popular, the stuff that's top 10, top 40 music-- it seems like most people I know are in complete agreement that it's horrible, and yet they can't do anything about it. I've also been affected by this sense of powerlessness, that I don't feel like it's worth trying to change things right now. I wish I didn't feel that way." [More]

For fans - and I count myself as slightly obsessive one - it can be a distressing read at times but it certainly gets at the heart of Conrad's frustrations of where he sees TOD's music today, his views on the current tour and on the music industry as a whole.

“I was raised by these survivalist type parents who were really serious about the state of things and I always think about things on a more global scale. But, on the other hand maybe it’s not really our place as musicians or entertainers, it’s not like we’re CNN.com, obviously we’re not telling anybody things that they don’t know. I like to talk about them, maybe just to make people realise that songwriters these days can talk about more besides partying and fucking dancing and whatever bullshit you hear on the radio; that we actually give a fuck.” [More]

I'll be seeing them at Irving Plaza this Sunday and man, I hope they're into it.

Related Info:
Yesterday's article in the Village Voice

No comments: