Sunday, November 12, 2006

8 Track: The Week That Was

[Viva Voce @ Iota Club & Cafe]

British. Buzz.
MP3: Klaxons - "Atlantis to Interzone"

Give me one good reason why this isn't one of the top twenty tracks this year. We almost left after Silversun Pickups to catch Sparta, but we stuck around and caught the goodness that is Viva Voce. Get Yr Blood Sucked Out has been spinning ever since.
MP3: Viva Voce - "So Many Miles" (Live @ KEXP)

Tuesday can't come soon enough. TOD is hitting 9:30 Club up with Blood Brothers. Get some.
MP3: ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - "Naked Sun"

Maybe my favorite track next to "Whipping" off of Vitalogy. Many a jam session between Frat and InMyTree feature a two man acoustic attack on this.
MP3: Pearl Jam - "Immortality" (Live @ Bridge School Benefit 1994)

News of a new Cornell solo album dropped this week. Rumors of an Audioslave breakup were dismissed. And this gem, which will be part of the solo album, surfaced at Stereogum.
MP3: Chris Cornell - "Billie Jean" (Live in Sweden)

I saw the movie The Proposition more than a month ago and I still find myself thinking about it. "The Rider Song" is a great track for the Sunday rain. Or for shooting dudes in the Australian outback.
MP3: Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - "The Rider Song"

Bob Dylan has been on heavy rotation during my periods of heavy composition. This track, I believe, is the strongest track off of Blonde on Blonde. I love the meandering bass line.
MP3: Bob Dylan - "Visions of Johanna"

I love this song acoustic. The intro still has a heavy feel to it. Pearl Jam fired Dave Abbruzzese two months earlier and Jack Irons was filling in on percussion.
MP3: Pearl Jam - "Corduroy" (Live @ Bridge School Benefit 1994)

No comments: