Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Fan Mail: Rock 'N Roll Halloween

"Dear Metro D,

"I am a first time caller, long time listener and I wanted to share my Halloween experience from last night.

"After 5 or so people asked me if I was Kurt Cobain (my costume that is), I was waiting in line for yet another bar when a random guy came up to me and just said 'JOHN FRUSCIANTE!' Dude, I couldn’t make this up...it was fucking fantastical. Not only do people usually not know him by name, but this dude knew that it was exactly what I was going for with my wig (and $1100 Sunburst Strat slung on my back). I can't explain to you how much I flipped my shit when the guy said it. I literally gave him a hug before I even acknowledged what he said with words. We talked for about 5 minutes about the ATL show (which he had seen as well) and about how much John fucking rules. Needless to say, this elation could not be replaced by any scandalous [ladies] looking my way...or any free shots...or any of the usual things that make for a good night out on the town.

"[T]he other really cool thing about being John for Halloween is that I had my Strat with me all night so as we walked from bar to bar I could just strum away on some chords. When I didn’t feel like talking to anyone around me I could just pull the pick out of my pocket and play. Granted, I couldn’t hear the chords usually cause the bar music and chatter from the bar flies was overbearing, but it was still such a great place to escape to.

"The unfortunate event is something I could have predicted though. I have this girl who gets drunk (she hangs out with the whole crowd of people I have leeched onto) and every time she is out and has a few drinks she spends the rest of the night plotting and scheming a way to get me to f..."

Hey now! That's enough kids! At any rate...keep the fan mail coming, we're always willing to dip in the mail bag and share music, sports, and booze related tales.

No comments: