Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The National @ Bowery Ballroom, 5/28/7

What else is left to say about this band? To all who will listen, I'm fully convinced that The National are leading the pack of American indies right now. Boxer is not only my favorite album of the year, I think it's better than anything I heard last year too. Last night's show, the first of their 5 night residency at Bowery, did not disappoint. Mr. November absolutely kills. Hearing "Ada" live, one of my favorites on the album, was also a highlight.

Setlist:
"Start a War"
"Brainy"
"Secret Meeting"
"Mistaken for Strangers"
"Slow Show"
"Baby, We'll Be Fine"
"Squalor Victoria"
"Apartment Story"
"All the Wine"
"Murder Me Rachael"
"Racing Like a Pro"
"Ada"
"Daughters of the Soho Riots"
"Mr. November"
"Fake Empire"
--------
"About Today"
"Abel"

1 comment:

Morrissey said...

I was at the show too. There's more pics from concert- enjoy