Tuesday, May 01, 2007

House Keeping

* I was blown away yesterday when Tripwire "broke" the news that Muse and Cold War Kids were playing the Garden. Not the theater but the damn arena. I didn't believe it until I just saw it confirmed on Brooklyn Vegan; so now I know it's legit. I love Muse and I am all over this if I'm in town but MSG?!?!?! Wow. August 6th.

* As InMyTree mentioned recently, The White Stripes are also playing the Garden. He'll be at Bonnaroo. I'll do my best to make this show at the Garden. July 24th.

* White Stripes tickets on sale Friday at 9am. Muse tickets on sale Sunday at 11am (from BV). I haven't seen anything on prices yet. UPDATE: The White Stripes tickets are $49.50 without fees (GA). Muse tickets are $45 and $39.50.

* I may be getting ahead of myself but "Icky Thump" is one of the best song's I've heard in awhile. I can't get enough of it.

* "Recommended" vs "Best New Music." I have no idea how Pitchfork makes this distinction but Dinosaur Jr's Beyond was reviewed today and received a "Recommended" 8.4. I wholeheartedly agree with this review/score (agreement with P4K, of course, is rare). This album is ridicuously good and a must for any of the younger folks out there who may not be familiar with their older work. It will certainly go down as one of my favorites of the year. Can't wait to catch them next month.

No comments: