Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Bilal @ Black Cat in January

Bilal - "Fast Lane" (ft. Dr. Dre & Jadakiss)

Black Cat, DC
SAT JAN 27
MN8 Presents: BILAL, W. ELLINGTON FELTON
$22 Mainstage, 9:00 PM, Tickets

From Wikipedia:

"Bilal (born Bilal Sayeed Oliver on August 23, 1979, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA) is a neo soul musician and member of the musical collective known as Soulquarians. In 2001, his debut album - 1st Born Second - was released on the Interscope record label."
I couldn't remember why I recognized this name when I saw it at the Black Cat's website. Then it hit me. "The 6th Sense". My favorite track off of one of my favorite albums of all time (he also appears on "Funky For You"): Common's Like Water for Chocolate. Turns out that Common's album wasn't the only place that Bilal was residing in my iPod. What a fucking voice. Jesus.

   

MP3: Clipse (ft. Bilal) - "Nightmares"
MP3: Common (ft. Bilal) - "The 6th Sense"
MP3: Pete Kuzma (ft. Bilal) - "High and Dry" (Radiohead Cover)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's not Bilal on the 6th sense, its a bobby caldwell sample. Bilal is all over LWFC tho, and his own solo 1st born second is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Umm..yes that is bilal on the 6th sense...on "the light" common uses the bobby cadwell sample on the hook. Know your hip hop youngin! Sad...