Monday, April 03, 2006

"Fake Plastic Trees"

Frat emailed me from Iraq and related parts of this story. I wanted to share it with you because I found it pretty powerful. The vocal on that track blows me away and I would be lying if I told you that I wasn't affected by it on each and every listen. Beautiful. We are lucky to have Thom. Lucky to have Radiohead.

You can check out the band's blogging/random thoughts on Radiohead.com/deadairspace. Here is my favorite treasure from Thom so far:

today, myself, i was struggling, feels like we been trapped for a long time.
in la la land. very frustrating. and under pressure now
its so slow.
enough to drive anyone loopy. im supposed to be positive>>
smiling faces for the outside. well im fucking tearing my hair out.
too much at once.
furiously writing, working out parts. cracking up.
not much time left. unshure about everything.
im not supposed to put any of this here. so thats why i am.

Thom

No comments: