Sunday, April 02, 2006

Downloads, file-sharing, ripping off "the man"

I realize that this post is over four years old. Got it. But, the stuff this guy has to say is still very timely and appropriate. It cracks me up to think that a record label thinks that by throwing a single .mp3 on a website (while you encourage people to buy the album, if they like it) is doing harm to the artist. I buy more music than anyone I know. I pour over websites, blogs, iTunes, music racks, etc. because I want to listen to great music. When I find something great I feel compelled to tell someone about it. I send mix CDs, suggestions, heads-ups to friends all over the place from Iraq to Seattle. I would like to think I am doing a service to those artists and record companies as opposed to a disservice. This is worth the read. Sorry if you have already read it within the last 4 years. If you like the stuff we post on here...investigate it...then buy it. It's like a taste-testing Consumer Reports for the music lover.

No comments: