Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Thursday Night in Brooklyn

It feels like it's been ages since I've been to a show. Actually, this is probably the longest stretch since I moved to NYC two years ago. The last show I caught was Dinosaur Jr and now that my ears have finally healed, I have a few dates with some of my favorite majors.

Tonight is The White Stripes at the Garden. Much talk about how this one will play out. I'm expecting big things but more on that tomorrow.

Last Thursday, I saw an unexpected announcement on BV that Trail of Dead will be playing a $5 show in Brooklyn next Thursday night. Under normal circumstances, I would think twice about making this trek (it's a long one) but there was absolutely no hesitation for this one. I may be one of the few people who still feels this way about TOD. Tickets are still available. For 5 bucks, how can it not be worth it?

I'll follow that up on Monday, 8/6 with Muse at MSG. I have very little interest in seeing Cold War Kids for this one but needless to say, the anticipation is high for a Muse blowout in the Garden.

No comments: