Friday, February 20, 2009

The Obligatory Oscar Post

Yes, the Oscars are Sunday and yes, I'll be watching. I've grown more and more frustrated with the selections and winners over the past few years but complaining about the Oscars is half the fun. At the end of the day, I still love films and have a deep amount of respect for the history of the award. I think most would agree that this was a pretty bad year for Hollywood. I saw 5 of my top 6 films in our neighborhood indie theater. My favorites:

1. Waltz With Bashir
2. The Wrestler
3. Milk
4. Slumdog Millionaire
5. Gran Torino
6. Gomorrah
7. Dark Night
8. Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I haven't seen enough of the Best Picture films to feel strongly about it. I'd be happy if either Mickey Rourke or Sean Penn wins but I would be most disappointed if Waltz doesn't win best foreign film.

No comments: