Friday, October 19, 2007

Trail of Dead @ Highline Ballroom, 10/18/07 (CMJ)

The odd start time (listed at 9:30) allowed me just enough time before and after the show to watch my Sox. On any other night, I'd much prefer a headlining and longer set but this was perfect. When I bought these tickets I had every intention of seeing Islands (whom I've never seen) but it wasn't meant to be. TOD's high energy and intense set did not disappoint although I admit, I hold them is such high regard that it would take a complete disaster for me to offer any other opinion. The only downside, as was the case at Luna Lounge, was not hearing "How Near, How Far." I don't know who I need to pay to hear that song live. Also, a congratulations goes out to the bouncer/ID checker at Highline for the biggest asshole of the day award.

Setlist:

"Ode to Isis"
"Gargoyle Waiting"
"Naked Sun"
"Stand in Silence"
"Relative Ways"
"Caterwaul"
"Will You Smile Again for Me"
"Clair de Lune"
"Totally Natural"

No comments: